The Crew at Expressions of Love!
Your team here at Expressions of Love consists of Shelley, Irene, Sarah, Cheryl and Kathleen.
We are going to strive to make your experience with us as perfect as possible and want to make ourselves available to you throughout your process. We have a combined total of 68 years of floral design experience and our unique combination of wisdom through years of experience and up-to-date and trendy design education will provide you with everything you need.
What else is there left to say except that We Love Flowers! God has blessed our hard work with a flourishing business and we like to pass on these blessings to you through our designs. Our shop motto is "Every job is a self portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence! "
From designing, to the deliveries of these Expressions of Love that you send to your special someone, we care for and guarantee every aspect of this business. See our individual info below:
Shelley has been working in the floral industry for about 17 years. After graduating from college in San Diego, CA, she moved out to North Carolina in 1995 and decided to call it home. In May, 2000 Shelley and Irene decided to open the florist shop in Fuquay Varina and have loved every minute of it! Shelley likes to keep up with the latest trends which gives her a desire to excel in this business! She is an award winner over the past several years as well as an international award nominee for various events she has provided the decor for. Bottom line-Shelley loves what she does and truly has a passion for it. But who is Shelley really? Here are some interesting facts about her:
1. Loves her family dearly, first and foremost!
2. Mexican food is my FAV-the more authentic the better..
3. Scary movies-YES! What else is there to watch?
4. Venti Iced Caramel Macchiato with an extra shot or White Monsters-YUM!
5. The Beach is my favorite place to be!
6. I love to hunt and fish with my hubby and 2 boys!
7. The best part about cake is the icing-the corner piece always has the most!
8. I love hot weather-really hot-sunshine hot!
9. I am somewhat competitive at games- not really- Its more like extremely..game on!
10. I used to be a police officer before flower world consumed me!
Irene has been in the floral industry for almost 50 years and has seen it all! She has retired but still comes in and lends her hand and experience for our events and day to day business! Some fun facts about Irene:
1. My family is my pride and joy from my husband all the way down to my great granddaughter!
2. Baking is only permitted from scratch-no box mixes allowed!
3. I TRULY love to make every birthday a true celebration!
4. I was on the varsity swim team as a freshman in high school!
5. I Love the Hallmark Channel movies-more so at Christmas time!
6. I love Practical jokes-all the time--they are allowed!
7. I was the flower designer for Roy Rogers and Dale Evans in California..
8. I once shared an elevator with Redd Foxx
9. At Easter, spiced jelly beans are my candy of choice!
10. I Still know how to use short-hand writing
Sarah has been with the team since 2014 and is a face you will see at many of the wedding and event set ups as well as in our store handling the daily routines at the shop. She will also be a friendly voice on the phone when you call us! As our resident NC girl, she is full of youth and freshness in her approach with interaction with our clients! The sweet voice on the other end of the line is this sweetie! Sarah's interesting facts:
1. Currently a student studying business
2. Loves Italian food
3. Favorite color is pink
4. Born and raised in the heart of North Carolina
5. Named most likely to succeed in my senior year of high school
6. Homeschooled all 4 years of high school
7. Enjoys all types of arts and crafts
8. Has worked at Expressions of Love since 2014
9. Loves being a part of the event industry in Raleigh
10. Enjoys spending time outdoors with my parents, two younger sisters, and two dogs
Cheryl joined us in 2015 and will be a friendly voice when you call into the store! She handles many of the daily duties in the shop and can answer any questions you may have! Interesting facts from Cheryl:
1) In high school, I aspired to become a veterinarian until learning I'm allergic to cats.
2) While attending NC State, I worked as a certified lifeguard/swim instructor and saved eight people from drowning.
3) Also, while majoring in Parks and Recreation, I learned how to drive a summer camp bus with a manual transmission and no power steering. I still have a Commerical Drivers License.
1 I relocated to NC 2 yrs ago with husband from upstate NY and love it!
2 Love that I have found my dream job here working with flowers!
3. I have been blessed with 3 children..who are never too old to be my babies!
4. Purple is by far my favorite color-all shades!
5. I love to read, favorite author is Joyce Carol Oates
6. My go to and favorite restaurant is Rue Clur in Durham..french style is tres bon!
7. Theater is a great for an evening out, I am a season ticket holder to Playmakers Repertory Company in Chapel Hill
8. Saved the best for last: the jewels on my crown-- grandsons Gregory III and Teddy.